dimanche 22 mars 2009

Artsy Fartsy

Being in an engineering school, I'm beginning to really appreciate the freelance charm of humanities subjects. The last time I wrote a creative piece escapes me, and I'm acutely aware of my being out of practice. O' ye writing abilities, doth hast plummeteth. But once-frequented things like abstract arts -- playing piano or sketching a scene -- I feel I've pushed under the rug of college more than I've wanted and needed to.

I feel people will never understand just how important art is or has been in our history. In spite troublesome human conditions of old i.e. war, indulgence in sex, and poverty, or new, like looming threats of nuclear holocausts and global warming, most of us continue with our lives quite merrily. Granted, reality is not so harsh for the average American like you and me, yet everyone can take refuge in the entity known as art, complete with sensual appeal and bizarre absurdities.

I trust readers to be dewds of righteous veracity.

1 commentaire:

  1. i agree -- all science courses makes me appreciate the humanities more and more. going to the museum over spring break made me realize that.

    but it's not too late to start. or restart. that's what i tell myself...

    RépondreSupprimer