vendredi 20 novembre 2009

Oh baby.

So like when parents have their newborn son (isn't it true you never hear people say "newborn daughter?"), through underslept eye slits and hoarse vocal folds they'll tell you, "I can't take my eyes off him!!" A literally overused phrase that I will refuse to characterize my offspring care. I mean, they look like aliens, sure. Except it's not clear whether God has made room for aliens to exist in the heavenly realms.

Anyways, during my interview for church membership, Pastor Wanho brought up how God is constantly watchful. "For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His (2 Chron. 16:9)." A human father's obsession with his child, multiply it by 144000, and you come closer -- not really -- to an unexplainable security worth rejoicing and worshiping.

Don't trust in your prayer, your (little) faith, your baptism, sacraments, good works, or your own repentance.
In everything, trust Christ alone.

3 commentaires: