mercredi 12 mai 2010

Take a look, it's in a book, a reading rainbow

Familiarity, familiarity. Before I hit the sack last night at 11:50PM, I saw my sister making quicker headway.
"Wow! You are sleeping so early!"
"Wow! I'm taking a quick nap. Chill."
She is going to fit in college just fine. As I'm currently typing this, she is BS-ing Huckleberry thematic devices on the AP Lang. lolgg.

The body of sophomore year slightly remains in its vestiges a la uncut, umbrella hair which I plan to get cut by Viets later today. Recent development: I shower before sleeping versus after waking, for I now care about the smell of my immediate habitat (sorry, Steven). Looking into the long-term (next three weeks until I start work), I draw a big blank. It's hard to pick up an instrument, learn a language, or beat FFXIII in that time. My employer said it was "the perfect time to take a vacation."

Well sanks, I thought I was gonna work today but HR didn't file the doodads timely. And so, I've decided to take a sojourn into reading. In my study, the shelves are dominated by SAT&AP prep books that I only perused. The other 10% are actually books, narratives, and other noncareer-enhancing collectives. I'll try to get through these quickly, one every couple days, then update the blog with my take-away messages. Every summer I tell myself I'm going to pick up reading and literally fail. Now I can say I've done it once.

Also, I might go to Atlanta with pops Aug.24-27th for his conference, so Christine Li should tell me what she's up to at that time.

4 commentaires:

  1. It's totally possible to beat FFXIII in 3 weeks, but I think your choice falls better on the minds of English teachers everywhere. Maybe not FOBs though.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Christine Li is going to be back in Philadelphia at that time because she has training. sighsighsighs.


    READDDDDD. i'm excited to see what you're reading and writing!! :]]

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. ps. trade new haircuts with you. :D

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. hope your reading goes well!

    RépondreSupprimer