jeudi 8 juillet 2010

Copernican principle

After talking to Sarah Ryu, I wanted to get perspective on what exactly RESULTS in me working at my summer job.
This is a schematic of our company's organizational chart, and you can see how far the window extends (note: I couldn't print screen this because the company disabled the button, but I got around it HA!!). My relative standing is one of the low boxes. In summary:
Shown head count: 3541
Planned: 3986
So my contribution? In a typical work week, I clock about 30 hours of experiments. This data results in about 2.8 scientifically-sound graphs per week that I present at a 3 hour meeting. Every 3 weeks, one of these graphs will interest my superior's associates and will call for additional qualification experiments.

These summer-long experiments give scientists an empirical basis for adding a line of advice in a 20-page development SOP for a specific product. This SOP is used to qualify a purification step process, of which there are 7 downstream processes. Purification process may or may not result in product making the cut from phase III to regulatory submission. There are typically 6 phases for pre-clinical development. Finally, there are 130+ products in the company pipeline.

Squirrel!

Genesis 3:19

1 commentaire:

  1. SQUIRREL!

    The schematic is very interesting. But being tiny contributing factor to the gigantic big picture is what research is all about. Wheeee. ><

    RépondreSupprimer