dimanche 6 février 2011

grace through His life

Tullian Tchividjian recently made an interesting remark gently reminding followers of Kevin DeYoung that being "Christ-centered" does not mean that the death of Christ is more important than the life of Christ. Without the law fulfilled in His life, what righteousness is there to impute?

I think that's a rebuke for me as well, since I easily and readily cast down Christ-imitators that I judge to have no foundation. In thinking only Christ's death matters, I see how this practically plays out in my life...a lot of self-righteousness & lazy fruit. At the same time, without the cross we're in no position to imitate Christ (1 Corinthians 15:19). I need a balance. I need to live out the entire Gospel, not driven by half of it.

Christ himself is the center of all things!

1 commentaire:

  1. LIKE!
    probably my favorite revelation of yours this year. hahaha. i kid, but you know what i mean.

    still it's a good reminder for me as well as i reflect on seekers in FG and how to get from not-knowing-God to knowing-God. only God will draw them to Him, but through us being reflections of His image and only being about to do so through His death.



    ps. nice label:)

    RépondreSupprimer