mardi 2 août 2011

To my peeps who don't understand the Bible

honestly, I sometimes don't really either.

"Why is homosexuality a sin?" Well, it doesn't really bother me so I'm not quite sure.

"Why should wives submit to the headship of the husband?" Because the Bible said so?

If someone offers "because the Bible says so" as an answer to your question, you are free to write that person off as someone who has no clue what they're talking about. Silver or gold or humanist rationale I do not have, but what I have I give you. And that is an amazing redeemer who has shown himself in human history to fulfill these rules - which were graciously given to me like a father telling his child to not step out into the middle of the road. His perfect record made him the only one suitable sacrifice to clean my record of constant disobedience.

I deserve hell but instead I am getting Jesus. A story about a people deserving wrath but instead are given mercy? That love is on every page of the Bible.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire