mercredi 29 juillet 2009

"♪So you had a bad day...♫"


Had my first car accident today. Bummer.

Interesting climax to a wack Wednesday. Loaded my drug substance material onto the column after 2 days of preparation and…no HETP curve. 6PM came and once I was done repacking the column, all I was thinking of was the 各类炒饭waiting for me upon spangled Chinese hems.

Light rain playfully slid beneath clumsy wipes. No really, the wipers strike down at my windshield rather than skim across. It sucks. Anyways, the dark road gradient grew lighter and less damp as I went 80mph down 270 Southbound. Beside myself with dramatic maneuvers, I stomped on the brakes in order to take the Columbia Pike exit. The front of my car certainly rotated right, but more forwardness than rightness was getting accomplished than planned.

Ladies and gentlemen, it only takes Ms. Hidro Plain one second to serve screwed-stew. That’s all she needs. An artist’s depiction of the scene is seen above.

Well, I thump up onto the curb and fear sears through me. My ears pick up 1995 iron-grade sockets waging a millisecond war with concrete. Silence. Then my own breathing. Wonderful. Emergency lights. At this point, so overwhelmed by the feeling of being alive, I didn’t think to step outside and assess the damage. Yo, mad quiet time. Probably the most sincere quiet time I’ve ever had. I listened, I listened hard. He’s telling me something.

In between passing rap music and well-meaning pickup truck country boys offering help, I flip to the recently tabbed Isaiah 55:10-13. Yeah, the rain verse. LORD, am I being watered? LORD, You know I am nothing. How are you planning for my Willis petals to bud? Will I know when I’ve been budded, if the budding is pleasing?

Casualties: front wheel rim popped off and wooden remnants of a McCainPalin campaign slogan laid about decomposing with added moisture. GG. Driving back at a self-emplaced 30mph speed limit gave me much more time to reflect. The steering alignment was having a severe case of scoliosis. To keep straight was to constantly adjust a manic wheel. Such is how the LORD wrestles with the sickly human heart. His firm digits keep the know-it-all wheel from certain death. It might think going on the passing lane is a good idea, but the vehicle is not ready.
-Baby, this is 6.5x1000 RPMs, you kidding me?
-No, He says. Not kiddingeth.
The perfect plan highway has peculiar mandates. But each car’s timing never fails. Whoa, the wheel flew left again. This is hard.

And then as I drove up the driveway, the shy sun winked through a rainbow.
“Oh יֵשׁוּעַ, you nice.”
-Earth veers off orbit onto a crash course with Neptune due to blog reader’s massive eye roll movement-

God-life-analogy shpeels are usually pretty cheesy, but I believe that life’s groundwork is founded upon a wholesome slice of lame.

5 commentaires:

  1. :] the positive overwhelms the negative.
    a wholesome slice of lame = good deal. God is still the bomb, after all :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. lame > car accident any day.
    Although the first words I read were "Loaded my drug substance material"...

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Ohmygosh, I'm really glad you're okay.
    Gotta be more careful, Willis. You don't want to justify the "Asians are bad drivers" jokes.

    God bless and PLEASE be more careful.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Wow dude, good to hear that you got out it without a scratch. Something to thank God for :D

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Willis, real life is not comparable to GTA....hahahah.

    Glad you are safe!!! Be careful next time, neh?

    RépondreSupprimer