lundi 15 octobre 2012

Ecclesiology #6


Spiritual growth only occurs in the context of community. Doesn’t that make sense? How can I apply the worship I supposedly gave to God without practicing it on the body? Post-Pentecost Peter needed it because he was still a cowardly sinner even after his life-changing call to be an apostle and “feed my sheep” (Galatians 2:11-14).

What you do after service matters a lot more than how you felt during. I can have all the warm feelings, but if right after I’m thinking about my kingdom and my agendas then something is seriously wrong! Am I in a rush to go home right after benediction instead of desiring to fellowship? I thus count my worship Cain-like in its fake self-seekingness. What a waste of a morning. The proof of worship is thus the application after service versus the reflection time during.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire