mardi 6 novembre 2012

Missiology #2


I don’t quite understand why people make a big deal out of sharing the gospel, especially in a non-persecutory place like America. Communicating the gospel should be pretty easy for Christians. Just as much as I believe my father’s surname is Zhang and my mother’s is Xu, with equal certainty I can talk about facts and truths about my heavenly father with fair ease.

Why do we make belief and faith such fluffy, tenuous words? Paul uses the word “faith” in a manner that means “persuaded.” Are you thoroughly convinced of your sonship? Can you replace faith/belief in scripture with words like “my entire framework through which I interpret the world” and really mean it?

More than communicating the gospel, living out the gospel is tenfold harder. And yet tenfold more effective to the cause of mission. It still encapsulates verbally communicating truths. But above all is love (Colossians 3:14). Sharing your life and time with people (1 Thessalonians 2:8). So egregiously more difficult, inconvenient, and loving is the way of obeying the gospel.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire