mercredi 21 septembre 2011

My walk with Jesus is like a coupled oscillator

Taking Dynamics and Bifurcations with Dr. Ghrist this semester, and from just today we learned how to model (first-order) social fads and synchronized menstrual cycles among female friends. Joy.

One uncoupled second-order system for a brushless DC motor, seen below, routes itself into chaos.

Compare with a system with coupling, shown below with increasing coupling strength parameters.

I think this is how God aligns my will with his. With time, he allows limit k →∞. Not sure if I’m preaching a synergistic or monergistic theology, but I know he will erase the double-facedness in me. Jesus presents it better:
44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.
John 6:44-45

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire