mardi 27 septembre 2011

"Those religious people"

When I hear pastors bring up distinctions between the aims of their own ministry and those of “religious people,” I get uneasy. These pastors claim that under “gospel-centered” and “grace-centered” banners that they “got Jesus” and everyone else is so lost. I have seen and continue to see this happen. I was one of these stupid idiots and along the way I badly hurt people I loved.

2 Corinthians 12:9 sufficiency of the lord’s grace not only applies to walking with Jesus but preaching about him. It is sufficient to preach that grace. Lose the divisiveness (James 4:1). If you really want to change/remove the legalists in your congregation, they will be offended by the good news. Any other method is not one of love.

You guys are welcomed to disagree: is it fruitful to make a deprecatory example of non-gospel-centered ministries as legalists? Also as an aside, Anberlin concert was so fun.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire