mardi 13 septembre 2011

Optimizing humility

Escaping linear programming for a bit. Been noticing I get annoyed when I sense people striving to take credit for work, and that could only mean that I have the same complex. People with pride quickly suspect pride in others, and humble saints suspect pride in themselves in order to esteem and give thanks to others.

To be prideful is folly (Proverbs 27:2), may the spirit give me a habit of noticing, encouraging, and helping others.

Philippians 2:

Do nothing can I erase ALL selfishness? out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. can I serve friends even more selfish than me? 5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God I delude myself in personal sense of justice instead of God’s perfect justice something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death
even death on a cross! do I wish myself accursed for the sake of lost friends? Romans 9:3

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire