dimanche 17 juin 2012

God and his ironies


We’re aware of the many opposites of God - in scriptures Matthew 20:16, 1 Corinthians 3:19, Luke 17:33 - and I’ve simply been cataloging how this plays out in real life.

  • Had a conversation with friend who has gone through special education and found myself very annoyed talking to him. I realized this was because he talked all about himself and didn’t have any questions for me nor show interest in my life. The spirit at that moment hit me with the weight of hypocrisy where earlier in the evening I had been talking to people all about myself in times of fellowship. Except with me, I have neither disability nor shortcoming to find excuse in.
  • I judged this person, honestly, for never being able to have a successful social life. Startlingly, he talked about a tenuous plan for marriage and how its more about sacrificing for the other person. Then proceeded to talk about organizing a hangout for the ministry. This person’s main priority was all about what he could give rather than what he could receive, in which the lord would find due delight.
  • My father was being oppressive to my mom and I demanded he apologized, leaving fiery words in my wake. God would have it that I would be the one to first feel ashamed, and so therefore I was the first (and only) one to be humbled and apologize for my own sin in using words as a sword rather than a salve (John 18:10). Gah, that wasn’t the original plan doe!
His ways are indeed higher!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire